Roboze Introduces the New and Improved Roboze One 3D Printer, Now Capable of 3D Printing with 10 Materials
It’s only been a year since Roboze released the Roboze One+400 3D printer, which drew lots of attention for being the first actually affordable 3D printer to be able to print with industrial-grade thermoplastic materials such as PEEK and PEI. A few months after that, the company revamped and improved the machine, turning it into a fully industrial 3D printer. Roboze has shown us again and again that they’re a company that never stops moving forward, so it’s not too much of a surprise to learn that they’ve now upgraded the original Roboze One, which was first introduced in 2015.
The new and improved Roboze One promises new materials, a wider range of applications, and better accuracy, now reaching a resolution of 25 microns. One of the major new features of this latest iteration is a new extruder, made completely from stainless steel and reaching temperatures of up to 300ºC. Thanks to the higher temperature, materials that the new Roboze One is now capable of 3D printing with – in addition to its original Ultra, Strong, Flexible and Functional materials – include:
- CARBON PA, a polyamide reinforced with 20% carbon fiber
- Nylon 6, a polyamide with a high mechanical resistance, used for metalworking applications
- ASA, a techno-polymer with strong resistance to weather, UV rays, aging and yellowing, making it well-suited to automotive components and outdoor applications
- PC-ABS, which combines the mechanical properties of PC with the workability of ABS to produce high-resolution parts with a good surface finish
- ABS-HD, which combines the mechanical properties of ABS with a high level of superficiality for post-production applications
- ABS-ESD, an advanced polymer with an ABS base, modified according to a proprietary formulation that involves carbon nanotubes and process/loss modifiers. According to Roboze, this material is ideal for measurement and survey applications, HDD components, envelopes and connectors.
Roboze also states that the new version of the Roboze One is more user-friendly, with an improved 3.5-inch color touch screen display and a reduction in vibration and thus noise, thanks to redesigned electronics that include 24V stepper motors with corner division of up to 128 steps. It’s also eight times more accurate than the original. Other appealing features include emergency sensors and buttons, a better ventilation system, plus an external SD card input and USB port.